Mobile apps: if you think that they are solely for big name brands like Walmart and Bank of America, you are wrong. More and more small and midsize businesses are following the mobile trend, understanding that an effective mobile strategy involves more than just a mobile-friendly website.
In fact, these days you’ll notice that many small businesses you interact with in your everyday life have their own dedicated mobile app. In case you are still not sure why anyone would want to build their own mobile apps, here are the top seven benefits of going down this path sooner rather than later.
- Be Visible to Customers at All Times. Statistics show that the average American spends more than two hours a day (!) on his or her mobile device. While probably only a handful of applications make up the bulk of this total usage, it doesn’t change the fact that each user has to unlock, scroll, and scan their device for the apps they’re looking for.
- Create a Direct Marketing Channel. One of the biggest benefits of having mobile apps is that all the information you’d like to provide to your customers – including special sales and promotions – is right at their fingertips. Through push notifications you’re getting even closer to a direct interaction, and can easily remind customers about your products and services.
- Provide Value to Your Customers. Instead of sticking to the old point-collection card, make it possible for your customers to collect their rewards via your mobile apps. The result? More downloads and more return customers.
- Build Brand and Recognition. A mobile app is like a blank billboard sign. You can do what you want with it; you can make it stylish, hip, functional, shocking, or informative. The more often you can get customers involved with your app, the sooner they will be inclined to buy your product and/or service.
- Improve Customer Engagement. No matter whether you are selling flowers or spa services, your customers need a way to reach you. Having a messaging (or help desk) feature within your app can really make a difference in the way you communicate with your customers.
- Stand Out From the Competition. These days mobile apps at the small business level are still rare, and this is where you can take a big leap ahead of your competitors. Be the first in your neighborhood to offer mobile apps to your customers. They’ll be astonished by your forward-thinking approach!
- Cultivate Customer Loyalty. Last, but not least, the most important reason why you should consider building your own mobile apps is customer loyalty. With all the noise out there — roadside banners, billboards, flashing signs, newspaper ads, flyers, coupons, websites, website banners, Facebook ads, and email marketing — we slowly lose our impact on customers because of the immense amount of advertising surrounding us all. It’s time to go back to making a true and sincere connection with your customers, and making them a loyal lover of your product and/or service.